Saturday, January 12, 2008

Funny How Things Happen

Hello,
I had my blood drawn Thursday morning and a copy of the results were sent over to Dr. Neville's office before my appointment with him at 11:00 am. The results showing that all my counts had gone up! All by themselves, no help from Larry and his Neupogen shot ;-), only a few points each but with no help!!!
I made it through the bone marrow biopsy fine. I held Larry's hand during the procedure for the first time and squeezed it so tight I was afraid I was going to hurt him. But I didn't see his eyes water so all is well, hahaha
We won't know the results for maybe a week or so, so I'll let you know as soon as we hear.
Here are my numbers from Monday and then Thursday:

White Cells 2700 (4500 - 11000)
Neutrophil 1.16 (1.8 – 7.7)
Red Cells 2.42 (4 - 5.2)
Platelets 64 (150 - 400)


White Cells 3100 (4500 - 11000)
Neutrophil 1.30 (1.8 – 7.7)
Red Cells 2.55 (4 - 5.2)
Platelets 68 (150 - 400)

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers, undoubtedly you can see where it helped!
Love, Florence

PS: Thought I'd try something new and download a video!!! Hope it doesn't cause problems on anyone's computer.... This is at Casey's park at Fire Station 12, I had just bought the wind chime and hung it up and wanted to capture its sound in the breeze on my camera.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Florence;

What good news, so all I can say is

"PRAISE THE LORD"

Warm Hugs & Love to both you and Larry.

Myra

Audrey said...

Awwwww, yeah, baby! Love those numbers. Keep 'em climbing! What a nice boost to your recovery, both physically and mentally.

The garden looks beautiful. I'd only seen most pictures from when it was put it, so it's cool to see everything grown in. A very peaceful place.

Aud

Anonymous said...

The garden is beautiful! I was out there last week and stopped to take a look at Casey's picture. The wind chime started just as I had stopped, it was beautiful! I'm so glad to hear about your numbers!!!

vonnie said...

Hi Florence,

Great numbers!!!!! So glad to hear from you, hopefully we can get together when I get home this week...keep up the good work!!
Prayers
vonnie

Anonymous said...

Go NUMBERS!!!
I feel like a cheerleader at the Beaver/Duck games.
For YOU...I'll root wearing green.
But, don't tell anyone!!!
So thankful to see things continue to go well.
Go Blood Cells!
love to you both.
darrell