So, It has been 30 days that we have been here at Camp OHSU and boy has it been great….. What the….. Must have been dreaming for a minute….. Hold on…… OK, Well, yes it has been 30 days here at OHSU and the care and staff has been great but to tell you the truth I’d rather be home or on a tropical beach….
Now, for fun today we SWITCHED BEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOAAAAA……. Actually Florence’s bed had vents overhead and so she finally decided to trade locations with me since I like air movement and she does not. So now I get the window spot and she stays warm. Too warm sometimes, today she got to 102F so more blood sucking for more cultures and a CT of her head to check for any sign of sinus infections since they cannot find any other reason for her fever. Except of course the Chemo for a week is still a possibility as a cause. Some new White Cells would probably clear it all up. Come on FA, let’s get with it!!!!!!!
M12 crew stopped in to say hi. Merrill and Florence compared hair doo’s. It’s nice to see and hear from the crews when they are here. OK, let me be clear…. not between 2200 and 0700 hours, just want to be clear on that.
With Florence’s White Cells still MIA so there was no going out of the Unit to watch fireworks. And then of course, I guess the time delay fuse on the Mega-Jumbo-Monster Fireworks Pak I ordered to be attached just outside Florence’s window must have malfunctioned because I didn’t see any fireworks out there either. Probably better that way. I’d hate to get evicted after only 30 DAYS……..
Well it is really late so good night, stay safe, Happy 4th, and thanks for the thoughts and prayers……. Larry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey, happy 4th a day late and a dollar short. Fireworks are overrated anyway;) Thinking of you guys, trying to plan a trip up on the 14th if all goes well. Luv ya, Jess
Well I agree, fireworks are overrated, I watched them on the TV several channels carried them and they looked great. I could hear them going off at the Fairgrounds so got the background noise and the picture without even going outside. Was to hot out there anyway. Well 30 days sounds long enough to me, I think you just need to get well and come on back to Albany, or maybe that tropical beach.....You are in my prayers, we are heading back to CA today and I am sure it will be REALLY hot down there...I don't like the heat.
Keep getting better,
vonnie
Hi Florence and Larry, been thinking about you (both). Keep hoping to hear your fever is gone and the white cells are multiplying like heck and you are about ready to go home.
The fire works here in Florence, where the weather is in the 70's and no wind were nice from my up-stairs window.
I also liked seeing the pictures of Casey's garden at the fire station. How nice of your friends to work in it. You two certainly are blessed with wonderful friends.
My love and prayers are with you always. Mom
Hey guys! Time really flies when you are having fun, huh?
It sounds like you couldn't be in a better place considering your cituation. Our prayers are with you two, always.
Lee worked last night until 2:30 a.m. and by the time I got off work around 8:30 p.m. I didn't really feel like going out again. I decided to stay home with the doggies (Jazz says HI!) and they were good with that. We, the dogs and I, just watched tv and went to bed early.
Abby and Kayla went to the fireworks with their parents and Aunty Sammy and Uncle Jesse. Abby didn't appreciate the noise, but she loved the colors. Sam said she was really excited when she spotted a star. She asked if it was a little star, so they had to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle." (She just turned 2 last Saturday.) :) Both the little ones fell asleep during the fireworks. Can imagine falling asleep with rockets going off overhead?
Since my emails wouldn't go through, you probably didn't get the message about the purple ribbons. My friend from work, who was diagnosed a year ago Valentine's Day with breast cancer, says that purple is the color for all cancers. So is that better than orange? Not, a big orange fan myself, but I love purple.
Hurry and get well so you don't miss all those hot days that you like so much.
We love you guys,
Your sister & brother-in-law
in Florence
Post a Comment