So we are back up north and tomorrow will be the first day of Consolidation Chemo. Florence is currently sleeping while the last of her daily infusion is completing. Actually, Florence told me that Dr. K from OHSU called her earlier today and told her that they think they have a handle on the lung nodules and we will hear more Monday. Now I wasn't there for the conversation and she said that OSHU called her twice (don't forget she is in a drug induced stooper for a good hour or two while getting her infusion which is when this all is said to have happen). Come to think of it she is often easier to handle when drug stoopered. In any case, maybe today will be her last home (trailer) infusion and I'll find out if she really did get two calls.
We arrived at the RV Park about 1800 hours (6pm for normal people) and I started setting up in our slightly up-hill parking slot. Now when planning for this trip I didn't think I would need a bunch of wood to shore up the trailer, but I was wrong. So I used what I had to level things out and unhooked the trailer from the truck. Trailer moves downhill.... OK, it was only 4" but it still gets your attention. Oh yeah, Florence is in the trailer in that stooper we were talking about earlier. So, I decide that it would be a good idea to secure some additional lumber because one side of the trailer isn't chocked (tires blocked) and the rear stabilizers are not reaching the ground. So an "I'll be back in a minute, sweety, don't go anywhere" (hee hee) to Florence, to which she replied some indiscernible grunting mumble, and I was off.
A quick trip around the park revealed a mother load of material that the park has on hand for people like me that think all RV Parks should be FLAT. So with my newly acquired lumber I returned to our site... the trailer was still where I had left it (Florence, too)... and I shored up the stabilizers, chocked the wheels, and when I told Florence everything was set, she again replied with some indiscernible grunting mumble. You know nausea med (Atavan) mixed with and IV Demerol, your speech and mental.... well you get the picture.
So we have to be at the Clinic at 0800 hours tomorrow morning and since setup took until 2100 hours (9pm) and dinner till 2200 (10pm) and a shower and changing infusion fluids took till 2230 (1030pm)and writing this now puts it at 2204 (1104pm for normal people).... I think it is time for bed and the infusion finished alarm should be sounding at any time to shut it off.
Well for now, good night, and keep those good thoughts coming,
Larry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Larry & Florence:
We are glad you made it up to Tualatin safely and finally were hooked up and secure. Good thing Florence was enjoying those meds. Watch out for any big trees nearby. :) Trailer camping is great, but no matter what, things never seem to go as smoothly as a person plans. You brought a smile to my face as I thought back to some of our "setting up" experiences in the trailer. You know you might want to consider writing a book about all your experiences. Could be a best seller. We are praying for a great week for the two of you although I know it will be exhausting. Hugs and good thoughts to you both.
The Bradner Family
Post a Comment