Tuesday, July 24, 2007

And Things Just Keep Happening.....

Today we planned a day of sleeping in but instead we were awoken by a phone call telling us that my brother-in-law Pat passed away this morning. He was 58 years old. From the info we can gather it sounds like an aortic aneurysm. This was one of Florence’s favorite guys. She always loved visiting with him when in the area. My brother is scrambling to get to Denver where my sister lives because he knows my parents and I cannot make the trip. Everything seems to happen at once. A saving grace is Pat has a large family, my niece is on her way, and Pat’s mom is with my sister now.

So, while I made contacts with my family, Florence recouped following the first day of Chemo by napping and later going for a short walk. We also ran across some photos that we had not posted earlier but are now attached below.

Tomorrow will be another day of Chemo and another late night.
Thanks for your continued support.

Larry


Zambonie - - - - - - Duck w/ Beaver

Consolidation Chemo @ 2400 - - - Cards


I look good...... - - - - - - - - - HATS & HATS & HATS

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Larry and Floflo for your loss! I know this is a hard time when you can't be with family! But they know, and God knows, so He will comfort them in your place!

Love you, lindab

Audrey said...

Oh, Larry and Florence, I am so, so sorry. The both of you have been champs through one crisis, and now this news on top of it...yeah, things just do keep happening, for better and for worse.

Much love and good vibes coming to you,

Audrey

vonnie said...

I am so sorry for your loss, it must be very hard not being with your family. I am sure God has a plan, seems hard to understand what it is, but I am sure it will work out. Keep the faith and stay on track. Prayers
vonnie

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for the two of you and your family Larry. They say, "God doesn't give us more than we can handle." And I don't question that - but sometimes I wonder just how strong he thinks we are. ;-). You have lots of friends and family to support you. We are here for you. Hugs-Merla

Anonymous said...

You have been through so much recently and then now this. We are praying for both of you, Larry's sister and family. If there is anything we can do at all let us know and we are ready to lend a hand. The yard looks great and we gave some trimming up to a few plants that were thinking they were living in a jungle. Nothing too drastic honest, you will still recognize your yard when you return. :)
Hang in there and remember one day at a time or if needed minute by minute. When things start to pile up the minute by minute might be the only way of making it through. I know you can both do it!!
Love you,
Leslie