Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Welcome to Florence's Blog

I'm Audrey, Florence's friend from our days together at Fusion. I've started this blog as a place where Florence's friends and family can easily access information about her health. On Friday, June 1, 2007, Florence went to the hospital because she'd been feeling pretty crummy all week long. Her CBC results showed low platlettes, which prompted a bone marrow test. On June 5 she found out she tested positive for leukemia. Things move fast, and the next day she and Larry were off to Oregon Health Science University in Portland. (For those of you not from Oregon, OHSU is a renowned teaching and research hospital.)

To say that it's a stressful time for them is an understatement. She's staying in the main OHSU hospital, Unit 5C, Room 7, and Larry is staying with fire fighter friends in Portland. Test results to verify the diagnosis will be back tomorrow. I'll write more as soon as I find out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

FLORENCE, WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND LARRY, AND WE WANT YOU TO KNOW WE ARE HERE FOR YOU BOTH, IF THERE IS ANYTHING AT ALL WE CAN DO, PLEASE LET US KNOW! WE LOVE YOU GUYS! WE ARE ALL WILLING TO SHAVE OUR HEADS FOR YOU! JUST THINK IT WOULD BE EASIER WITHOUT HAIR TO PAINT 1/2 YELLOW AND THE OTHER 1/2 GREEN FOR FOOTBALL SEASON! HANG IN THERE DEAR FRIEND!

Anonymous said...

Florence,
Leslie just told me about your situation. You are one strong chick! I will be praying for you and would like to come up for a visit when you need a person to laugh with (we are pretty good at that) or play a game. You are on my heart and my mind.
Jan Taylor

Anonymous said...

FLORENCE, I AM SO HAPPY WE TALKED TODAY. MAN WE SURE HAVE SHARED ALOT OVER THE YEARS. I AM HERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED ME. I E-MAILED JIM AND HE WILL PROBABLY CALL YA.. I REMEMBER MEETING YOU AND BONDING WITH YOU AT THE BEST TIME IN LIFE.. THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW WHATS UP AND HUGG LARRY FOR ME. THIS IS A HARD TIME I KNOW, BUT YOU ARE A TROOPER SO HANG IN THERE BABY!! I LOVE YOU ALOT... LOVE BAMBI

Anonymous said...

FLO FLO BUTT!!!
Know that your other "O" sister is thinking of you and sending you arm loads of hugs, prayers, and thoughts from OHIO!!!!!
And, get off the phone gabby! I have tried calling you several times! I will try again to make contact with you!
Know that I am thinking of you and sending you the strongest GET WELL wishes and vibes from OHIO.
Love,
MEGABUTT!!!!

June 12, 2007 11:23 AM

Shirley said...

FLO FLO!
Your loopie friends are cheering you on and saying prayers for your swift recovery and strength! Prayers abound and abound for you honey!
With love and healing,
Shirl

Anonymous said...

Florence, I read your blog everyday!! I feel like we are together more and more everyday!! I pray you are strong and Happy !! I am here for anything... I miss you so much... Love and BIGGGG HUGGGGS!!!!!!!! Love Bambi

Anonymous said...

Hi Florence,
we are so blessed to have the good Lord above, he will guide Larry and you through this, put all your trust in Him. I love the passage "And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me." Psalms 50:15. If there is any thing I can do for you guyes, please ask. Your a special lady Florence, hurry and get home and come out and make another stepping stone.
Tons of love and prayers your way
Mira