The medical staff was in and said that Florence’s White Cells are starting to come back. The Doc told her to crank some more out so he can get her outta here. I’m not sure if it is because Florence teases the poor guy every morning or that it is because he likes her and wants to get her home for a break before further treatment.
That’s right folks, it ain’t over yet. Even if everything shows clean on the next bone marrow test Florence will still need Consolidation Therapy or move towards Blood Stem Cell transplant. If it is Consolidation that means three 1 week rounds of Chemo separated by some recoup time, as we understand so far. The Chemo is delivered on days 1, 3, and 5 of the week then they watch how you respond. The regiment is to better assure that all the Leukemia cells are destroyed. If it is decided to go Transplant, then that will be a whole new chapter.
Hair, did someone ask about hair??? Yes she still has it…… but for how long??? Florence showed me this morning that she could run her hand through her hair and each time has a bunch of strands come out. Then, while helping Kristin change Florence’s bed linens, we noticed it looked like she had a monkey in bed with her last night. (I’m gonna be paying for that comment later).
Test results are slow getting back. The FLOW results are still MIA; next CT scan to check the little lung spots is set for Thursday or Friday; and, the cultures from yesterday’s blood letting will be a couple of days still along with ones they took today.
So it is good night again from OHSU and thanks for all the good vibes…..
Larry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hurray, hurray, hurray for white blood cells! Keep 'em coming, Flojo. I'm visualizing happy-faced little WBCs with cute stick legs, singing songs in a merry line, all preparing to march into your blood. But I'm weird like that--my version of good vibes.
You keep teasing that doctor. It's good mojo for the Flojo. And if anyone I know can pull off the bald look, it's you baby. 'Cause you are a classy lady. And I'm lucky to be your crass friend. :)
As soon as you read this, take THREE sips of water for me!
Love,
Aud
Linda and I are happy to hear the white cells are coming to there senses. The more the merrier. We appreicated all the pictures of the staff, it good to see is providing the excellent care you are receiving. Thanks Larry for all the updates they are very much appreciated.
Florence you take care and feel free to tease the doctors and nurses all you want. I think there is a relationship between teasing and more white cell, yes I believe that is so.
Take care and know you are in our prayers.
Darrel
Dear Florence,
I have poured over my medical books and learned everything I could about the immune system, so I could WILL the cancer away by imagining all the myeloblasts, monoblasts, and lymphoblasts differentiating themselves into fighter cells and gobbling those defective leukemia cells up.
Please tell me you got the package I sent. I ordered it weeks ago, and I am going to be so disappointed if you haven't received it yet. (I was going to send you a Beaver I saw at the bookstore with a big orange bow on it, but I thought that might be a bit much.)
Love and hugs to you and Larry,
Elva
Post a Comment