Thursday, June 21, 2007

Back Again and Another Hole

I spent yesterday in Albany getting the Training Office squared away so one of our Lieutenant's can fill in for me and also doing chores around the house (clothes, lawn care, bills, etc.). Florence spent the day with visitors, cruising the Unit halls, and sleeping.

When I arrived at OHSU this morning Florence was in good spirits, smiling, and sporting that same great rash that doesn't want to go away. Doctors are trying to isolate which antibiotic is causing the rash so another change was made today. Maybe tomorrow a little less red.....

OH yes, Bone Marrow Test......... & another hole.....
This went very well. If you remember Florence's first 2 tests were DRY.... that is to say, when the tests were done, no marrow could be extracted because the Leukemic blast cells were clogging the marrow. Today marrow was easily extracted and now we wait for preliminary results tomorrow and final results on Monday or Tuesday. The preliminary report could indicate more Chemo is needed or that things appear to be going in the right direction.

That's all for now...... Keep those good Vibes coming

Larry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda and I are very happy to hear things are going well and your spirits are up. As I write this I can see that broad electrifing smile you have. I have to say Orange is a good and I am sure it goes well with Green. Glad to hear the well was not dry and the results will be back early next week. We will be praying for the best of best results. Both of you take care. We love you both.

Linda and Darrel

T-Dawg or Diddy said...

Flo got her Flo-Bone-Mo-Flowin. Good ta hear. Still want to see more leg action on the photos.Get better now, quit playin sic girl and get back to dancin
T-Dawg

Anonymous said...

Hey there kiddo! Here's a blast from the past after all these years! I got the news from Bam a few days ago about your latest escapades. Just want to let you know I'm thinking of you and for you to add me into your cheering section, sending all my love and good thoughts your way! I also thank whoever set up this wonderful way to keep in touch with you! Bravo and welldone! Glad to hear from this forum you are doing well and your dazzling smile is beaming. Say "hi" to Larry from me. Take care and all my love, Jim Callison

Anonymous said...

Hey Florence, nope didn't have the blog addy just the pictures, so thanks for emailing it to me. I was glad to hear from Larry and will continue to keep you both and the docs in my prayers. I will be in touch when the sweet pea is for sale......Get well and I will come and visit you...
vonnie