Thursday, April 30, 2009

Snorkeling

Good Afternoon,
Here are some photos of the first day we snorkeled. We took all the photos on the camera we brought on the first time out. Larry went out 4 other times too, swimming farther and farther around the reefs to the north. He saw lots of fish and a few turtles each day.


This is the cove where he started out each morning. Just a few yards from our room.


He would swim out around that top outcropping and farther north.


Here I am trying to get use to the water....


Here's Larry coming back for the camera when he realized that I was going to be awhile! haha


We received a Hawaiian Reef Fish ID card from the Snorkel Rental shop. In looking at that card, these may be Orange-Spine Unicorn Fish, and Yellowfin Goatfish.


You can barely see a Needlefish. Upper portion of photo, middle just a little to the right.


This is a Sea Turtle (Honu). Swimming away from Larry.


Yellowfin Goatfish


These fish in the midde may be Sailfin Tangs.




Picasso Triggerfish, aka humuhumunukunuku apu a'a
REALLY I'm not kidding! And my friend Trent can pronounce it!


Fish bones in the sky! :-) This was taken on an afternoon trip to the other side of the island.

That's it for now, I'll bug you later with more.
Love,
Flojo

No comments: