Aloha,
I just noticed that when I posted this blog entry it's dated 4/24 Friday. It's actually still Thursday here....10:40pm.
We been so busy I have not had much of a chance to post about our adventures. Here are a few photos, but the bulk of the trip will get posted when I get home. I've got some wonderful shots I can't wait to share them with you....
For now:
A photo of Larry relaxing! But of course, reading a fire related manual.
On our way to Hilo on Saddle Road. These mountains are actually old cinder cones from an eruption many years ago.
Going across the middle of the island, a lenticular cloud over the lava beds.
A Hibiscus flower growing in a yard in Hilo.
The caldera of Kilauea volcano. We could not drive all the way around it because of the levels of Sulfur Dioxide that it was emitting.
Shhhhhh, oh yes, I'm bringing some of this stuff home in my pocket!
Turtles napping on Punalu'u Beach, in the black sand.
Tomorrow we head home, so I'll post a few more photos this weekend. I'm sad to leave but also excited to get home. I look forward to seeing friends and family.
Love to you all,
flojo

1 comment:
If I weren't so dang happy for you, I'd be hella jealous. That beach video clip reminds me of a Corona commercial. Wish I coulda been there!
Love,
Audrey
Post a Comment