Whoaaaaa… Day +6… so what happened over the last 4 days??????? Man, time flies…. Treatment has progressed as expected. This chemo is harsh as they said so Florence is feeling some of the effects that she managed to dodge all the other rounds.
Little nausea, mouth and throat are sore, and tonight she thinks the hair may be starting to depart. Hey, this could mean I get to give my second ever haircut. Maybe a Mohawk for a short time????? Hummmmmmm….. Doubt it!!!!!!
The staff hooked her up to a PCA (patient controlled analgesic). If she gets it cranked up enough it could be ‘stupor time’!!!!!! Anything to ease the pain, she says it feels like a bad strepth-throat. Pretty hard to swallow pills and all so the PCA should help.
Once her cell counts start to come up this should all be relieved. For now they are really low. She has received transfusions of both platelets and red cells. The stem cells should be taking up home in her marrow so she is also getting a drug to stimulate cell growth.
Not much else for now… still looking at about Day +10 for cell counts to take off, we’ll see.
Later, Larry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
OUCH!!! That sore throat stuff sounds like no fun.
Of course...NONE of that stuff sounds fun.
Larry...with clippers?? Mohawk? Take a few pics for the blog.
So GLAD for UofO (did I write that???) RE: their roll over USC.
Now for the nail biter...can OSU pull off a similar feat? Wouldn't THAT be the frosting on the cake!!
Florence...gonna watch the game (Beavers I mean!! ?)
Sleep well...get OVER that stuff.
You are in our prayers....
darrell & lynn
Thanks for the update ! We have been wondering , sending prayers and good vibes .....both of you take care , Kay
Happy Friday again Florence, so excited that you are now on the + side of things! Rest up, drink lots, and get better fast;) luv ya, jess
Florence I am so sorry your throat hurts.... I really hope all goes well and you can stay on schedule.
We are on our way to AZ, should be down there until Jan 1st at least maybe a month in Palm Springs, but I am hoping when I get home we can have our gab fest!!! Stay on track, I am praying for you...
vonnie
Post a Comment