Well Florence is at the U and she sounds up and great.
Florence said there are bats in the hall hanging from the ceiling (apparently the place has gotten a little run down since our last 'U' vacation). The staff said they were trying to get a 'Welcome Back' sign up but weren't able to accomplish it in time for her arrival.
She is in room 25 this time which is further down the hall and has glass interior walls with curtains. She says it's great!....
Snail Mail address:
Florence Allen, Unit 5C Room 25
c/o Oregon Health Science University.
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, Oregon 97239-3098
I'm sure Ben will be thrilled handling the increase in mail..... He said he had never seen one person get so many cards.
So the plan....
Florence's brother got her there at 4pm today and Baseline Labs have been taken and VRE test done. They say her first Chemo will be at 4am tomorrow morning. The first 4 days will be pills.... MORE pills....... the 5th day will be an infusion. Then there should be 2 days off which will put her transplant on the 26th... Day '0'. BMT folks count everything from the day of transplant so today is Day '-8'..... Days after transplant are '+' days so they will hope to see her counts come up about Day '+10' (or 10 days after transplant).
That's all I know for now... She does have a laptop with her so she can see your 'COMMENTS'
Thanks again..... Larry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Hey there Florence,
I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. You are an inspiration to all of us and you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Keep smiling and stay strong. Larry, thanks for keeping us informed.
Your friend,
Love,
Rhonda
Hi FA, Hope you are settling in OK. We are thinking about you and you are in our prayers. ML and SL
Still plugged this morning, going to try the Kirby on my nose to clear it out..... Fire truck rides and helping folks in and out, that's where it started. Bowling/Leukemia, Driving Fire Truck/Sinus infection.... It all makes sense now.
Hope the first dose settled well without complications. Call me when you feel up to it, I don't want to wake you... LUL LA
Alright, final stretch...you'll make it through with flying colors i'm sure. We're all thinking of you and hoping this goes as smoothly and successfully as possible!!!!! Luv ya, Jess
Good Morning Florence!
I am so glad I heard about this site. It is so good to see your smiling face. You look beautiful as always! Eric and I just wanted you to know that we are thinking of you. You and your husband are truly an inspiration. It was great talking to you after the reunion..it seems ike yesterday but when I see what you have been through lately...wow it now seems so long ago. It sounds like you have a great support system with family and friends. I will send you some pics of the reunion to keep you laughing and busy.
Love and HUGS, Joyce & Eric
Wooo hooo- GO FLORENCE! I'm here cheering the Duckies for you, and sending you love and positive thoughts. You just concentrate on continuing to improve... and watch out for those OSHU squirrels--they will be the ones wearing the tiny little white coats.
Love you lots.
JudyB
Hi Florence, it was so nice to hear from you...now get well and we can have our gab fest! Prayers coming your way.
luv
vonnie
Praying for a successful stay, Florence! Hope to be able to see you while you're here this time if possible!
Love,Arlene
Hey Florence:
Thinking about you and hoping you are getting settled nicely. It's so nice to be able to check in here and see how you are doing and what is happening at ole' OHSU. Hopefully Larry will be healthy again soon. We are praying for the both of you. Keep your positive thoughts flowing. Each step is closer to your end goal.. clean bill of health. Mitch is working on something for you.... to be announced later. :)
The Bradners
Hey Flor-,
I just saw all the pretty hats you got. You look very snazzy. And did I hear there are bats in the hall of your Hospital?... someone should close a window in that place. :) Hope you are feeling better. You know I'm praying for you. And I can't wait to see more photos. Love you and Larry!
Matt Tedisch
Post a Comment