So I’m reading comments from the last Blog and what do I see….. ooooh CR_P, a comment from the 5C RN’s…. They’re reading this stuff!!!!! Now I‘m trying to figure out if I lied about anything that would have offended them…. I CAN’T REMEMBER…I could be in deep dodo this time and it could be back to sleeping in a chair come Monday… …
Oh, Monday… That’s right, Florence will be admitted to OHSU (our 2007 summer get-away) with me in tow and depending on how the 5C RN’s feel about this blog, I may have a comfortable bed waiting for me, OR it’s the chair.
Florence’s treatment should start Tuesday with 5 days of Chemo, followed by one or two days of rest, and then Transplant her stem cells. She should be in the hospital about 3 or 4 weeks. After that about 2 weeks in the RV park and then home.
The chemo should run for a couple hours each day. One drug will be used on days 1 thru 4 and another on day 5. Stem cells and Neupogen will follow. The Neupogen should help increase Florence’s white cell counts faster and with that her immune system.
I will be trying to come down and work a couple days now and then once Florence’s counts start up again. We’re getting a new Lieutenant assigned to Training and we will have a new recruit academy starting in December so some attention to the office will be needed these next weeks. Thank goodness for computers, e-mail and a great FD staff, Field folks and Admin. Without their help I could not keep this up.
So today we packed and tried to get some RV prep done. We should have some time in the morning to finish what we started. Some folks have asked for an address again so as soon as Florence is in a room I will let ya’ll know what it is…. Sorry Ben, the card floodgate may be opening again… (Ben works on 5C as the clerk so he handles all the mail).
For now wish us good thoughts and prayers.
Thank you all,
Larry & Florence
PS… wonder if there are squirrels at OHSU???????? …………….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Florence and Larry: Even though we can't all be there with you (that hospital room would get so crowded) . . . we are with you. Always, in heart/spirit. What amazing technology you are participating in. And, the human body--what a wonder! Take good care, both of you. Florence--rest well, heal well, you are strong! Love, Jeanne
Larry--if any squirrels show up, you give me a call. I will be up there ASAP to hunt those rodents down....
Florence--I know everything will go well (well, as long as the squirrels *don't* show up). I'll be thinking about you and sending you positive energy.
Go ducks!
love, JudyB
Post a Comment