Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Lights, Camera, ........

Today was the Marrow Drive that the Albany Fire Fighters arranged and setup to honor Florence but KEZI keeps saying Florence spearheaded. OH Well..... In any case, Deloris, who came down from the National Marrow Donor Program, said it was an excellent turnout since we signed up 90 new donors. It was nice that Florence was able to stop in to thank folks and wouldn't you know it, KEZI was there too (with camera) and if you watch Ch 9 News tonight guess who you will see. Yup, the Florence.....

Earlier today Florence had labs drawn and the good news was her red cells were doing good BUT her white cell counts are dropping..... OHSU is concerned so we will be going to Portland in the morning for another marrow biopsy. Well, Florence is getting the biopsy, I'm watching, I'm guessing you figured that out...... This of course will further delay her transplant since the biopsy results have usually taken 2 to 3 days to get back and the results are necessary to proceed. So Thursday is out and
the new target is early next week.

We are asking everyone to wish and pray for a good marrow biopsy outcome. Everything has gone so well so far with all the positive thoughts.

I will keep everyone up on info and results as I get it.
Larry

3 comments:

Audrey said...

You looked great, Flojo! Can I like, get your autograph, now that you're like, all famous and stuff? And Shannon is, too! Great cheek swab there, girlie.

So glad to hear about the great turn-out. The peeps I sent down had good things to say about the experience.

You keep those WBC counts up, ya hear? (Same goes for the platletes and red cells, too.)

Much Love,

Audrey

Anonymous said...

Positive thoughts . . . Positive thoughts . . . Positive thoughts . . . Positive thoughts!!!Hugs and prayers too, Merla

Anonymous said...

Ugh, we don't get KEZI down here....I would've loved to see the Flojo on TV! Positive thoughts from us coming your way girl. Love ya:)