Friday, July 13, 2012

Times Have Changed

I remember as a child, going to pool parties and having snacks of cookies and peanut butter sandwiches. Girl Scout outings where someone's Mom brought food and snacks for everyone.
A friend of mine is watching all seven of her little grandchildren for one night and two days so that her kids and spouses can have a little rafting vacation together. So I'm going to meet her at a local park to watch her grand-kids play. I had the idea of baking cookies to bring along and started getting ingredients out but then thought, "I wonder if any of them have food allergies?" I didn't want to call my friend and ask because I wanted it to be a surprise. Darn. I don't want to bring cookies and not be able to have everyone enjoy them, so I'll have to go empty handed. I don't mean for this post to be a downer, it's just a realization that I had this morning that's never happened before and just wanted to share. Well, I guess it is a downer now that I think it through... :-)  I could erase this post and keep it to myself, but I really just wanted to say that I'm sorry that times have changed for little kids these days.


My friend had four kids and now has 7 grand kids!
Another friend had four kids and 6 grand kids and now has I think 11 great grand kids + some step-grand kids.
My parents had 4 kids and now have just one grand child.


Ok, I know....
I've got to end this on a happy note.


My good good friend Shannon's daughter Lindsey graduated from Eastern Oregon University Summa Cum Laude!!! Shannon and her husband Marshall had a wonderful graduation party for her. Lindsey's plans are to go back to school to get her Veterinarian degree.


Susie (who is a Veterinarian and owns a business in Aumsville), Me and Lindsey.

So I'm off to the park on a beautifully sunny day!!
flojo

No comments: