Friday, May 9, 2008

When You Turn 50...

Larry here…..
So, Florence missed her big chance this week. This time it was I on the bed, in the gown, and in a drug induced stupor. Yah, I’m OK and still able to take care of her. Mine was that ‘PROCEDURE’ you get to have when you turn 50… OK, I put it off a couple of years but it finally caught up with me. So anyway, while I was in lala land Florence gathered all her infusion friends (nurses) so they could all be there when I came out of my stupor. I found it isn’t good to have ‘PROCEDURES’ done at a hospital where the people know you.

First thing I heard was, “you should have seen the crop of polyps the Dr. had to take out, it looked like a field of Pansies!” Yah, right. And did she get pictures of all this action….nope, I must be living right. Come to think about it, I should have asked the doc to write Florence a note letting her know he didn’t find my head up there either.

As for Florence, she turned 50 today… she’s next up for the ‘Procedure’ and another opportunity to do silly things while on drugs. We had a small party, that her old Fusion friends threw for her at a local restaurant. It was a good time, with good friends, and good food.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Florence! I turned the big 5-0 Feb 20th. It seems like it was only yesterday that Mom had given me a surprise 40th party and invited allot of my closest friends. I hope your day was wonderful. Your Dad keeps in touch with me and up to date on how you are doing. So glad to see you are winning this battle. My prayers are always with you. I've run across a picture of when we were kids, and all of you were in Nebraska. Send me your email address and I will email it to you. ronleatha@comcast.net
Here's to 50 more years for both of us! Love, Your Cousin Leatha

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Flojo:) Hope it was a good one and I'm sure the Fusionites put on a good party! Wish I coulda been there, miss ya tons, jess

Audrey said...

Is that the procedure where you have to drink gallons of nasty liquids first? Fun stuff!

It was good to see you two. Flojo, you don't look a day over 40.

Best,

Audrey