Saturday, May 31, 2008

Doing Well According to Dr K

Larry here with another update.....
Florence is sitting over yonder unaware that I'm blogging and I will most surely hear about it next time she logs in to read comments!!!!!

So the news..... We went to OHSU for a little blood sucking, 2 to be exact. We then took a jaunt to 5A to visit with the nursing and support staff. Dave, Keren, and Foxy Brown were there and enjoyed seeing Florence as much as she enjoyed seeing them.

That was followed by a visit with Dr. K. He told Florence that many Leukemia patients relapse during the first year following remission. Since she is now just short of a year since her remission and still showing an increase in her blood cell counts is all very promising. Can not promise that it won't return, but this is all real good.

He asked her if she was still finding she is short of breath at times. Florence said that she did noticed it when she was talking. Dr. K replied something like 'that must be often', then look at me with a grin. Florence never missed and word and continued talking, elaborating on the fact that it is only noticeable when she talks...... RIGHT OVER HER HEAD..... NEVER CAUGHT ON..... Chemo Brain you know......

All in all a good check up. He would like to see her red cell count up higher and tested her for a hormone responsible for increasing those counts. He my prescribe injections if they are low. This may help increase her stamina.

Well I haven't been caught yet so I better sign off before I do get caught......
That's it for now......
Larry

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Funny guy, you!

Keep up the postings. We love to read 'em.

Audrey

Anonymous said...

Hi Florence,
What good news, everything sounds very promising. Between all your hard work and the great prayer and thoughts that went your direction...it seems to have paid off. I think about you often and miss seeing you. I don't really get to see Larry that often anymore. Have a great vacation!
Wanda

Anonymous said...

THANKS LARRY:)