Tuesday we had an appointment with Dr. Neville in Corvallis. Very conscientious and thorough answering many of our questions about want to expect and what is available locally for treating and facilitating Leukemia patients. After talking to him we feel safer at home knowing that there are capable staff and facilities at AGH and/or GSH.
Today Florence had labs drawn at Albany General Hospital. The results showed a need not only for 2 units of blood but included a platelet chaser. This lasted till about 1730 hours (5:30pm). So her home infusion is lasting till 2315 hours (11:15pm). Makes for a long day and we need to be at AGH at 0900 hours tomorrow morning for a recheck of labs. This was kind of expected from this chemo round. So needless to say Florence’s immune system is compromised at this point. Good news is still no fever. She is on numerous meds to boost her systems and protect her chemically…… more pills, just what she wanted. I think she is up to 13 to 14 morning tabs and 5 or 6 evening ones. She is just thrilled.
Florence spent a little too much time in the sun on Monday and developed a rash on exposed areas. Chemo + 20 minutes of direct sun = sun rash. I now have her armed with SPF 70 sunscreen and she is wearing long sleeve shirts and pants.
As for exciting events… Yesterday some friends were here to trim and prune some plants while I mowed lawns. During the process Florence asked if they could trim up some of her evergreens. Sure they said... but….. Surprise, surprise… Some bees had built a nest in one of them and when the trimming started they seemed to take offence to the remodel work on their home…. Uhh, sorry about that Leslie!!!!
And they wonder why I don’t mess with Florence’s plants…..
The days are flying by and I just try to keep up... sorry for the delayed updates...
It is late and appointments in the morning…
Thanks for looking in..Larry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good to see you two tonight. Keep the platelets rising, my dear.
And drink!
Love,
Audrey
Sounds like you are busy. I'm just glad you are home and in a relaxing place. No worries about the bee sting. Swelling is finally going down and I have movement in my pinky again. :) A hazard of yard work. But it won't keep me away this week. I might have to pay closer attention and not chat so much while pruning.
Take care and we are praying for you. See you on Tuesday. Have the bee spray ready. :)
Love,
Leslie
Post a Comment