Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another Sunday; Another New Week....

So, what happened this weekend you might ask? Saturday was the Fire Department Picnic and since Florence should soon be receiving another dose of chemo resulting in a drop in her immune system, we felt it better we stay away from crowds to avoid coming in contact with any nasty germs that might decide to flourish when that drop occurs. It was also during the time when I have to be giving her the 5 hour anti-fungal infusion. However, we did manage to visit a couple friends earlier during the day. It was nice to see Florence enjoying some fresh air and getting out of the house.

Sunday was a house cleaning day with Audrey, Shannon, Lindsey, & Rhonda coming by to help clean the house. Florence called Audrey earlier in the day to tell her she had cleaned the bathroom and wanted to know when they would all arrive so she knew how much time she had to clean the kitchen. I think Audrey ‘went off’ so Florence laughed and told her she was kidding. Pretty good joke (of course I had nothing to do with suggesting it….). When Shannon arrived I was getting set up to wash our cars and my Harley. She saw what I was doing and said something like… well, if you have time to wash your motorcycle, you have time wash my car too or I won’t help clean for Florence…. So with that it added another task to my day.

Florence will go in for labs again tomorrow so we will see how her blood levels are doing. We are also hoping to hear results from OHSU regarding the repeat CT scan of her lung that was done last week. I have supplies for one more anti-fungal infusion for Monday night, maybe that can be the last. Additionally, we should be hearing as to a definite date for the 2nd round of Chemo. We think it should be set for August 20th – 24th. Maybe that will be confirmed tomorrow, too.

I have to again thank everyone that has helped us. With all of your assistance and friends checking in on Florence it makes me feel more comfortable to spend some time away. I’m finally able to get a few hours in at work to keep abreast of things and to tie up some loose ends.

Thanks for stopping in…… Larry

PS. - - OK, so the car wash, not helping clean, thing was a complete lie. But without that little saga the weekend blog would have been boring and this was much more fun to write about. Sorry about that Shannon… Oh and by the way, I did wash your car…. Thank you very much!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Larry, anytime you want to wash my car, just let me know...

Thanks for posting the levels comparing June, July and August. How amazing to see them get back towards where they need to be!

Give that girl a hug for me.

Love, JudyB

Audrey said...

If you could call it "cleaning," then okay, we will, but that had to be the easiest cleaning work I've done in a long time! Next time, leave the house a mess for us, will ya, you neat-nicks! Or we'll TP your yard in orange and black.

And as always, Flojo...DRINK! Those numbers look good, but no resting on your laurels now, you hear? :)

Audrey

Anonymous said...

Larry this is a whole new side to you we haven't seen before....you are very good at lies or telling tales as some people call it. Soon, we won't know what to believe. At least currently you admit to them..:) Missed helping out in the yard on Tuesday but had some family obligations. See you both next week in the yard if not before. Let us know how the counts are doing. We are checking in daily to keep up on how you are both doing.
The Bradner Family