So today being Saturday means I missed Friday….. again.
Our days seem to be gauged by medical appointments. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday all included blood level lab work in the morning at AGH, blood product infusions during afternoon at AGH, and anti-fungal infusions at home at night. I round out the day making meals and sort of keeping up with chores. (The dryer alarm is sounding now as I type… will that load wrinkle???? Hummm
Florence’s blood levels are pretty much in the toilet (for the lay people, that’s a technical paramedic term meaning poor) and the Doctors are saying they hope and expect to see her blood levels starting back up next week. In the mean time they try to bump up her levels with the infusions. At this point Florence seems to be killing off more platelets than they can infuse so Sunday at 1000 hours (10am) she will get another unit. That will make.. let’s see… since Thursday... a total of 3 units of blood and now her 4th platelet dose on Sunday.
We are trying to figure out how I can get back to working again. To date I have been out since this started, 65 days ago, and the department has been just great about everything. I will be out again during the next round of chemo later this month but we will know better what to expect at home when we return. I don't like leaving her at home.... the stupor thing you know. (Man, there's going to be payback for that)
We are hoping that the home infusions will be done during the next 2 weeks. A follow-up CAT scan is being scheduled here locally to look at lung tissue and nodules. It is nice that the local docs work with and consult with the OHSU medical team. I know they are forwarding lab results back and forth and making decisions together. Still this whole venture is very unnerving.
Got the trailer vent fixed…. don’t ask…. and, I have been messing with this installment off and on for about an hour now so I guess I should post it and get the lawn mowed.
I’m thinking about blogging on the even days…. I have no way to know if anyone is reading this thing…. Maybe Trent can add a counter…. Hummm..
Until next time……….. Larry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Larry, not to worry, we are checking this thing daily, and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Thank you so much for keeping us informed about our sweet FloFlo! We appreciate you and the wonderful job you are doing taking care of your sweetie! Love and prayers going "without ceasing" to Him who is the Great Physician, Lindab
Larry, Paul and I check your blog every day to keep up as we don't like to call too much as we know it tires her out. We really do appreciate you keeping us informed this way, you are doing a wonderful job in all that you do and we love you two very much. Paul and Phyllis
I, to, check the blog regularly to see how Florence is doing...hope you will keep it going.
I am still praying for you both...
vonnie
Florence and you are always in our thoughts, so my family and I check it often. Hope to see you both very soon. The Lindsey Family
Yup, I check this blog every day. Wanting to hear how Flo is doing and always entertained by Larry's sense of humor. Hang in there and please try to get some rest. Luv ya, Jess
Larry, this blog is getting read. Thank you so very much for keeping all of us informed about how Florence is doing.
Carolyn Sunderman
As it says many times over, we're reading the blog...it keeps us from passing any bugs to Florence as our troops are exposed to multiple things everyday!!! Anyway, we're continuing our prayers and hoping for some better numbers this week! Get some zzzz's and don't worry about the wrinkles...(I just don't iron!!!) The Martin Family
Seems like we are all in agreement that you need to keep the blog up. We love checking in and seeing what is happening so we don't have to contaminate you and disturb moments of rest. Thanks for being so loyal in your postings. What is up with the lawn mowing? You aren't trying to take the "Tuesday's Crew" job away are you? Don't even think of touching those pruners! Ashley will be after you. Leave the yard work to us. :) I agree, ironing is over rated. As John says, "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been," a Jimmy Buffett quote, and he may have been referring to skin but, Oh Well......I think it could apply to clothes too.
Keep up the laughs and smiles and we are praying for higher blood counts!
The Bradner Family
Larry--I love reading the blog and getting the updates on how Florence is doing, and how you are coping in your squirrel/bee/assorted challenges in life.
Thinking good thoughts for both of you, and remember--squirrels are just rats with a better wardrobe.
love, JudyB
Wooton Family reads the blog on a daily basis.
Florence - keep trying to pump out platlets.
Larry- keep staying by her side and blogging.
Everyone else - keep praying and sending positive vibes!
Post a Comment