Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Last Stone Ridge Ave. Update

I've gone through my photos and picked out just a few of the house still in the construction phase. I've taken hundreds more since my last post, but oh my gosh! :-) So I'll skip to the finished house, which I don't think anyone will mind! haha

Dennis is set up in the Living room working on all the pieces of stained trim work that he handcrafted throughout the house.

Appliances delivered!

Looking from the dining room into the living room.

Looking from the dining room into the living room today.

Interior doors stained and waiting to be installed.
Entry hall design elements installed. This woodwork design is from a Frank Lloyd Wright Prairie home in Northern California. See next photo...

This is a photo from a book about FLW Prairie homes. He used this element on the windows and as doors in the Emily and George Stewart House of Montecito, CA. 1909.

 Entry after we moved in.

Den wall stained and finished with lacquer.
Wallpaper border installed.

Kitchen cabinets and island installed.

Tile from Pratt and Larson in Portland arrives. I asked to have just one tile have a bee baked onto it.
Back splash tile installed. The bee landed in the upper right corner under the vent hood. :-) A subtle touch.

Moving day! Will came to help us out. The bonus was that I was able to give him some of Casey's toys, that I had had packed away for years, to take home to his two girls.

Will has a successful Acupuncture business in Albany that he recently advertised on a few billboards around town and Corvallis.

 
Master bath

Little Dane (Dennis' son) - just before he used Larry's neck as a step stool so that he could reach over the edge of the tub to touch the water.

 The moon outside the bathroom window.

Dennis and Larry checking the fit of the mantel.

Dad hanging out in Larry's shop watching the guys build the mantel.

In memory of Casey I asked the stone mason, Ben, if he would carve a round indentation to fit a quarter.  After the mortar dried we glued a Virginia quarter in with silicone caulk. Casey planned to go to school at a college on the Manassas Battlefield in Virginia. We placed some of his ashes there, and the Virginia quarter was minted the year he passed away, 2000. I save every Virginia quarter I get as change.


 We set the tiles for the hearth and Larry squeezed the mortar into the spaces.


It was my job to clean the mortar off the tops of all the tile, clean the edges so they are square, and make sure it was all even.





 One more project finished!

 Photo of the mud room leading out to the garage while standing in the laundry room.


Laundry room.



Finally a place for all those Longaberger baskets I had stored in boxes in the garage.

Dining room before we moved in. 

Kitchen.

Fresh picked berry tart and sweet card made by our new neighbor Lauryn. She's 12 years old, which reminded me that my love of cooking/baking started at that age....

Master bedroom in the evening.


Moving Studio Meringue into its own place!

A visitor outside Studio Meringue :-) As I'm writing this post, 3 females and a male have walked by. I know, it's exciting now - but when the yard is landscaped and I have some flowers growing, I'll be banging on the windows trying to scare them away! haha

Guest room. Dad is building us a headboard for a guest bed. 

We had all of Larry's co-workers over for lunch in September to see the house. They surprised us by bringing a delicious chocolate birthday cake for Larry!

That's a mass-o-flames! Chief Bradner put the whole box of 25 candles on the cake and then lit them ablaze!

Till next post, have a wonderful Fall season!!
Love, flojo


No comments: