Something really cool happened to Larry and I today. After a
morning playing Pickleball, I had a hunger for a Bleu Cheese garden burger from
First Burger in downtown Albany. We drove downtown and parked on First St. I
noticed and felt joy seeing all the flags lining First St. in honor of Flag
Day. We walked up the block for lunch. After lunch we returned to the truck. As
I buckled up and Larry waited for the light to change so that we could pull out
from the curb and go around the corner, he was looking at the flag we had been
parked next to. All of a sudden he said, “That flag says Larry D. and Florence
Allen on it!!” I was stunned, and said “You’re kidding!?”. We both didn’t
remember that we had donated money to sponsor a flag right after Casey had
passed away. Here it is June 14th the day of Casey’s accident 13
years ago and we parked next to the flag we sponsored. I couldn’t help but
think it was Casey saying hello.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment