Yesterday, I read a prayer that was a blessing to me in my Leukemia battle. I read it to a group of about 60 women at an event put on by the Women's Health Ministeries, Women of Faith at my Church, Good Shepherd Lutheran. A few of the ladies wanted me to post that prayer here. So the following is my blog post from June 20, 2009.
"Today I will attend the Memorial Service of a friend who lost her battle to Cancer last Saturday, Connie Henricks. She and I met years ago when we both belonged to a service organization called Beta Sigma Phi. Connie sent me a card in 2007 while I was in the hospital undergoing treatment for my Cancer. I kept this card with me throughout my hospital stays, infusions, and treatment because she wrote a prayer in it that I read almost daily when I needed strength. I would like to share this prayer, today, from Connie."
"This prayer is for you dear Florence, especially from God, the Almighty One. 'Be not afraid, oh my child, Rest in me. Yes, quietly settle down in My care, as a bird settles in a nest. For I am watching over you, and in love I will care for you.
There is no danger with which I am unable to cope. There is no enemy too formidable for Me to handle. I am able to carry out all My purposes, and to keep you at the same time.
Be not afraid; Neither allow terror to strike at your heart. My power is at your disposal. My presence stands around you, and nothing can harm so long as you are in My care, and that is forever.......' "
Thank you for letting me share this here, and thank you for wanting a copy of this most wonderful prayer... We are thinking of you Connie...
Florence
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for posting this special prayer from God through Connie to you. I think of her often and wonder what a great and joyous time she must be having in the Lord's presence. Connie was such a cheerful and loving person and I too think of her often and miss her. Thanks for sharing that piece of her with me and so many others. I know you reaching out to others through her words would make her smile and so happy.
Post a Comment