Relay For Life was great! I have not heard how much the whole event raised, but I came in second in all the participants with $1240.50!!! Thank you to everyone of my friends and family that donated! I will send out receipts to everyone as soon as all my offline donations are confirmed by ACS. And I'm not sure how long that will take.
The weather was beautiful, a bit windy but it was warm. Larry and I walked the Survivors Lap at 6:30 pm and then he left and I stayed to walk at midnight. Larry and my friend Jeanne came back at midnight to walk my 1 hour worth of laps (I think we did 4 or 5 laps). Then we headed home. A lot of the luminaries were still lit and looking very beautiful.
Here are a few photos:
Start of the Survivors Lap.
Larry and I walking that very special lap!
My brothers Wade & Paul came to cheer me on.
Sunset over Relay.
My friends Jeanne, Trent and Audrey came to hang out with Larry and I too for awhile.
Thanks again to everyone,
Love, Florence

1 comment:
Oh, my gosh Florence! The last time I had seen Wade and Paul was...Wade was just a tot! And its funny how you still picture a person as you last saw them, even tho you know that everyone grows and changes..LOL! I am so glad you added those in here. If you have a recent one of June include it also.
Love,Leatha
Post a Comment