Thursday, March 20, 2008

Greetings To Spring...

Hello,
This has been a busy week for me (on my own), probably the busiest in over 9 months. Monday I had my lab test:
3/17/08
White Cells 3000 (4500 - 11000)
Red Cells 2.90 (4 - 5.2)
Neutrophil 1.83 (1.8 – 7.7)
Platelets 89 (150 - 400)

Then I had a meeting to go to with my girlfriends Monday evening. Tuesday I had dinner out with some girlfriends, Wednesday I drove to Corvallis to have lunch with a friend and when I got home Larry called to asked if I wanted to join him and a visiting firefighter/instructor from WA. for dinner, so off I went again. So today is my resting day! Saturday we are going to attend the retirement party of a really good firefighter friend whom Larry worked with in Eugene in 1979-1980. Then Sunday we will visit with good friends from AFD for an Easter Egg hunt. Hope it doesn't rain! My brother is in Africa right now so tomorrow I'll probably go check on his house and hang around for a bit, he said "to make the place look lived in." :-) I should have a big party over there!! hahahha

Speaking of parties. Every year in June, Poet's Garden has a tea which is so delightful to attend. It's held in the middle of a garden blooming with roses, we sip tea, eat cheesecake under a big white tent at individual tables with friends that you love to spend time with. In honor of Spring, here are some photos I took at the tea in 2006. I can't wait for this year's event!
Love and bouquets to you,
Florence







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry and Florence,

What beautiful soothing pictures, they take the stiffness out of the shoulders. I just wanted to wish you both a blessed Easter.
How very sad the world would be,
with out the cross of calvary.
But because the stone was rolled away,
We have real joy on Easter Day.

Love and prayers your way
Mira Alexy

Anonymous said...

Hey Flo, can't tell ya how great it is to hear about your daily adventures of fun stuff. luv ya lots, take care, jess