Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Coast Trip Photos

Hello!
I don't have my numbers from yesterday's lab appointment yet, but I can't wait any longer to post photos of our trip to Seaside and beyond....



This was the view from our room. At night the lights in the pool would change color and that was fun to watch. Everyday during our stay there were at least 15 Adults and Kids swimming in the pool and jacuzzi, in the rain, wind and sun having fun.





We drove North to Cape Disappointment and went through the visitor's center at Camp Canby. If you click on this photo (to enlarge it) you'll see that Larry is giving me his "evil eyes." :-) He's so funny!


This is an old lens from inside a lighthouse.



On the road again. Here's the beach at Hug Point. No, we didn't hug there but I hung on to him pretty tight so that I wouldn't fall down.



The Spruce Goose! With this visit we were able to go inside it!!!



They have a Plexiglas panel up so that you can look through to the tail section. Notice the mannequin standing halfway back? There is another one all the way in the very back standing next to that doorway. You may be able to double click on this photo to in order to get a better feeling. It was AWESOME.



This is an entire SR-71 Blackbird sitting under one of the wings of the Spruce Goose! You can see what the SR-71 looks like in the photo that's hanging off the stairs that lead to the cockpit.



More planes under the other wing of the S.G. My favorite planes are the ones that are shiny, like this one. And the ones where the sides look like corrugated metal.



Our last morning, heading home, we ate at Camp 18. I think the city/area it's in is called Eloise, OR. It was beautiful, there was a big fireplace burning and lots of things to look at.

Oh, we also saw a great 45 minute movie about a fighter pilot at the new IMAX theatre at the Evergreen Aviation Museum.
Below is a little video I took at the Evergreen Museum. We were up on the mezzanine above the planes and under the wing of the Spruce Goose.



Talk to you soon,
Love, Florence

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great trip. So glad the two of you took some time for yourselves and for rest, relaxation and fun. Haven't been to the beach in ages. I'm sure it feels good to be going places and doing things again.
Love ya,
Leslie