A lot has happened in the last few months, I'll try to get you up to speed on 4685 Stone Ridge Ave. NW! :-)
Just wanted to start with a photo from this last Fall. A photo taken from where you first turn onto Stone Ridge Ave. I was interested in how you can now see our shop roof - down the street and on the left hand side. I realize it's hard to pick out, but it's right in the middle of the photo, black and low. You can see the bare wood trusses of our house behind the shop too.
Here's a photo from the same spot that I took in December.
This was taken on our way to Stone Ridge Ave. in December.
The kitchen filled with snow!
Looking down the hall.
Someone left the front door off and it snowed inside! It took Larry, my brother and I - 2 1/2 hours to shovel out all the snow one Saturday.
Harley chasing me in the snow, Larry's shop is in the background.
Roofing trusses are going up onto the house.
Trees in snow behind our house.
The beautiful work Dennis and Phil did on the roof of the carport on Larry's shop.
I was so excited to find this photo of the ceiling in Frank Lloyd Wright's "Ennis House." I came across it after the carport roof was finished. I showed it to Dennis and told him he must be in tune with the FLW vibe!!
A very small portion of the truss package!
The "warming hut" Larry built for the guys to use at lunch time.
All the trusses are up and the roofing materials are going on.
Part of the windows were delivered and installed. This is the room I call the studio, it's where I'll create things for my Studio Meringue business.
The outside of the studio.
This is the guest room. Door leads out to a patio where I'll have a cafe table and chairs to have coffee with my guests! The window will have a built in window seat under it.
View of our house with its roof finished, no more threat of snow accumulation inside!
A beautiful Coast Range sunset behind Mary's Peak at the top of Stone Ridge Ave.
Dad and Phyllis came to see the progress on the house.
Photo of the back of our house taken from Stone Ridge Ave. The back of our house faces the south and will get sunlight all day long. We do most of the living on this side of the house so that is why the back (not the front) faces the street.
Hexagon tile was too costly for our budget, this linoleum is just as beautiful for the master bathroom floor.
Light fixture (two of them) that will grace the front porch.
Choices for one of the bathrooms.
Looking through the buffet in the dining room into the living room. Frank Lloyd Wright always had a built in buffet in his Prairie homes.
Siding has starting going up on the shop. I saw this pattern on a Prairie Style home in Portland and liked it. It's more work than keeping it all one width, but it's different and I really like it!
All the windows in the central part of the house are wood on the inside so that they can be stained the same color as the woodwork and cabinets.
Harley keeping warm up next to the flood lights.
Living room windows being placed.
Sliding french doors leading out of dining room onto patio.
We'll have a Natural Gas fire place in our living room.
Front of house with all windows installed.
Back of house, kitchen, dining room and living room.
That brings me up to date on the house build. The last 4 photos I took today. Move in should be around June. Ahhhh June, such a pivotal month in Larry's and my life.... Over the last 30 years good and not so good things seem to happen to us in the month of June. This house will be something good I hope!! :-)
Thanks for stopping by,
Flojo


































1 comment:
Thanks for the update! It looks awesome!!
Shane
Post a Comment