I forgot my camera, darn it!! I love my camera because it compensates for darkness and doesn't use a flash if I hold it still while taking photos. So I could have taken some actual ballet photos. One scene had snow falling and it was awesome. My phone is not that good and always uses a flash (oh yeah, I could learn how to turn it off - but that's probably not going to happen). So I took a few photos with my phone before it started.
Paul is sitting 4 rows from the front if you look straight down the edge of the aisle, we had great seats!


Such a beautiful curtain...

The next day, for the fun of it I looked up some of the dancers on Facebook and found them. Looking through their photos really opened my eyes to how their lives are totally consumed by ballet. A lot of living in hotels, practice in different concert halls, a bit of sightseeing in the mornings before shows and eating in restaurants. A lot of time spent together with their troop, like a family, a closed society in a way... I appreciate that they have chosen to be so committed to their craft because it was such a pleasure to watch.
Thanks for reading!
flojo

No comments:
Post a Comment