Here are my numbers from 6 months ago:
White Blood Cells 5000 (4000 - 11000)
Red Blood Cells 3.53 (3.9 - 5.2)
Neutrophils 2.4 (1.9 - 8.0)
Platelets 124 (130 -400)
Numbers from today:
White Blood Cells 5600 (4000 - 11000)
Red Blood Cells 3.66 (3.9 - 5.2)
Neutrophils 2.9 (1.9 - 8.0)
Platelets 141 (130 -400)
My blood draw was in the Clinic this time instead of just outside, and it was so nice to see all the same ladies that were there when I spent so much time there in 2007. They love seeing patients come back who are healthy and luckily I am one of those!!
While in an elevator I recognized a Doctor that treated me and when he saw Larry and I he said he recognized Larry but not me because of my having hair. We got to tell him how well I'm doing and that it's been 4 years. His eyes lit up and he gave us the thumbs up and said, "Thanks for the lift!" Of course with my brain I thought he was talking about the elevator ride at first..... :-)
After my appointment, Larry and I went up to visit the RN's on the Bone Marrow Transplant floor and were very happy to see Amber who I had not seen since 2007 and Kristin who I've only seen once since 2007. You may remember this photo of the 3 of us from my early blog days! These two were awesome at keeping my spirits up.

June 2007 Kristin, me and Amber
Together again!!

Amber is now engaged to a Portland Firefighter. Larry joked with her and said he thought she'd know better than to date a Firefighter after meeting him, and she told him that after seeing the Albany FF's that came to visit me, that she had to just get herself one of those!!
Kristin has two little kids now and she and her husband just bought a house in Salem, so now that she and I live just 20 minutes away from each other we are going to get together. She only works 2 days a week in Portland so she doesn't mind the commute. We were so lucky to have my appointment land on a day that both these ladies were working!!
After we left OHSU we stopped and had lunch at a great little place called O'Connor's in Multnomah Village. Delicious food.
Whoo-hoo, I was so excited about this appointment and now I know why, it turned out GREAT in so many ways!!!
Love,
flojo

1 comment:
YAAAY:)
Post a Comment