
Tim's Chevy pickup. (OH, and there are NO seat belts!)
That's my Dad in the background talking to the guy sitting in the yellow car.

Heading out to lunch...

Just 8 of us out of about 30 people at lunch.

After lunch we all headed to tour the Umpqua Discovery Center. This place is a wonderful museum, filled with interactive exhibits, kids would love it. I highly recommend taking kids there. I think I read while I was there that OMSI had a big part and designing the exhibits.


The painted scenes are amazing!!! This one, you walk onto a dock and the sound of birds and lapping water makes you feel like you are there.

Gift shop find I had to take a photo of to show Larry. Votive Candles in driftwood kindling! haha

One evening during my stay, Dad and I went for a walk along Bay St. and I was able to take some photos of the Siuslaw Bridge during an especially good time for lighting.

Under the bridge, so to speak....

As we walked I found a theme in "Private" gates along the way.


My Dad built this gate for the building he lives in, which is right next to the Siuslaw Bridge.


This concludes my gate study....


Walt Fossick's boat "Otter."

Dunes though the trees at Dad's. These dunes are on the other side of the Siuslaw River.

View from Dad's place...
And on Memorial Day we visited the Florence Cemetery. It's located on a butte just East of Florence. The bridge is in view in the distance. I visited Larry's Great Grandmothers grave while there. I saw the graves and thought about many friends that passed, during and since my 6 years of living in Florence.


On my way home, had to stop and document the sky!

Storm above a field of Meadowfoam...

There's Mary's Peak to the far right, just a few more miles north to Albany, almost home!
Love, flojo

No comments:
Post a Comment