Back when I was staying at OHSU I became enamored with my BMT Nurse, David (along with a bunch of others, but this post is about David). One day he brought me fresh fruit he had picked on Sauvie Island when I was soooo sick and those kind of things just stick with me :-). He said that when I got out of the hospital and was feeling well and able to go out to eat that maybe Larry and I and he could meet at his FAVORITE pizza place in Portland. Well, by the time I got to feeling better and thinking about taking a trip up to Portland to meet him for lunch, he had moved to North Carolina. Luckily I was able to still email him and ask him the name of the place. Larry and I were heading up there for an appointment so I wanted to try David's favorite pizza place. The name of it is Mississippi Pizza. It's at 3552 North Mississippi between Beech and Fremont. It was a cool place located in the "Mississippi" neighborhood of Portland, waiting for our order I walked around the place a bit and noticed that right next door connected to the pizza place was a stage for music acts.




So, there were 10 songs on my iPod that I had downloaded, from where I have no idea because there was not a bit on info on any of them. They all were just listed by track number. All I can say is that I REALLY liked the songs and was bummed that I couldn't figure out who the band was. I did see that I had downloaded them in August of 2008 but that didn't tell me anything. Yesterday I was listening to my iTunes and one of the songs came up and BINGO I remember that I've got this cool app on my phone where you can just hold your phone up to the music source and it will tell you the name of the song and artist! Oh my gosh, I'm so excited (as you know, it doesn't take much!). I hold my phone up to my iMac and voila! The band is JJ Grey & Mofro, song Dirtfloorcracker from a great album called Lochloosa. They're a Blues band from Jacksonville, Florida. Never heard of them and I still don't know where I got the 10 songs from...
Ok, the link in this story...
So I Google Mofro today AND they show on their online schedule that they are playing at Mississippi Pizza and Pub in Portland THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG...
I'm going to call Mississippi and confirm! I may not make it up there, but I'll be thinking of them for sure!!
flojo
PS: News has it that there may be 2 - 4 inches of snow on the ground when we wake up in the morning!! Better get my camera batteries recharged and ready to roll! I LOVE SNOW....

1 comment:
Eerie story Flo, I had to google JJ Grey and Mofro and I really liked their music too!!!
Post a Comment