Thursday, November 18, 2010

Last Sunny Day Ride Of The Year

Larry came home for lunch one day the first week of November and said he wanted to go for a motorcycle ride down to Junction City for a Hot Dog at the Junkyard Dog.


Heading out of town


Casey's Park between Station 11 and the Museum.


This is the place! But this photo was taken in 2008 when we went down with a couple of friends.


Decor at the Junkyard Dog, junkyard wind chimes.


Never thought I'd see a gourd all blinged out....


Table decor. Plus, they have quite a collection of license plates.


I always think of Casey when I see a Virginia license plate.


Larry enjoying a New York Hot Dog, I had already had lunch, I just went along for the ride.... well, and to take photos. I was thinking that I should have a helmet mounted camera while riding because then I could take photos that are not obstructed by the windshield of the car! No reflection of the dashboard! I could still hang on to Larry and shoot photos right out in the open air. :-)


A Firefighter cookie jar.


Check out the Bahama Mama, Topped with Peanut Butter and Mango Salsa! YUM


On the way back, we made a stop in Harrisburg to take a digital photo of these doors that I had taken a photo of years ago with my film camera. Don't want to have to bother with the old negative to get reprints!

It was a beautifully sunny, cool breeze day. As we rode, we passed fields of pumpkins that were smashed and ready to be tilled under the soil. So we smelled pumpkin. A little farther down the road we passed a chicken farm and a cow farm, so those smells? Not so good.

Thanks for reading!
Florence

No comments: