September Numbers
White Cells 5100 (4500-11000)
Red Cells 3.56 (4 - 5.2)
Neutrophils 2.33 (1.9 - 8.0)
Platelets 129 (150 - 400)
And my iron level is at 34 and normal is 36
November Numbers
White Cells 4500 (4500-11000)
Red Cells 3.30 (4 - 5.2)
Neutrophils ? (1.9 - 8.0)
Platelets 113 (150 - 400)
And my iron level is at 34 and normal is 36
A couple of Dr. K's written comments were:
-your counts are stable
-you are two years out of transplant, which is a milestone
He told us that they see a minuscule number of AML relapses after being two years out from a transplant. He said that I'm doing fantastic. Then gave me the choice of coming back in 6 months or 1 year. I asked him to decide and he said, "we'll see you in 6 months, then we'll put you on a once a year schedule."
Wow, I remember when I was in the midst of my treatment thinking, I can't wait until the day that I can just drive up here by myself and that maybe my appointments would be only once a year. While sick and after 3 months of losing my freedom of just getting in the car and driving wherever I wanted this thought was of something that we all take for granted.
I hope that last paragraph was understandable, I spent a ton of time trying to put my thoughts into words. haha My brain is still struggling... :-)
On to Duck Football news.....

Civil War! Larry, me, Frank and John

Our OSU Beaver friends, Jamie and Anne

Rose Bowl here we come!!!!!!!!

Ducks win! 37 - 33

The Duck and Santa are in there somewhere "Crowd Surfing"

Leaving Autzen for the last time in 2009! Under a cloud of fireworks smoke!
We had SO much fun winning the Civil War game. While we were at the game Donna was at home ordering our tickets to the Rose Bowl! By the time we got home we all had tickets to go! The Oregon Ducks play Ohio St. Buckeyes in Pasadena, CA at the Rose Bowl on January 1st.
Thanks for reading!
Florence
PS Larry's still working on his photos from Africa and the plan is to post them on Flicker. So when we get that done, I'll post a link to his Flicker account so that you can see his photos....

2 comments:
Love that news from Dr. K! Now THAT makes a perfect Christmas gift. Fabulous!
You know me, I could care less about football. But my hubby was sure sad about that game. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
Stay well,
Aud
Great to hear your good news from the doctor. What a blessing. LOVED the picture of John and you guys at the game. :) Caught sight of you and John on the video too. So cute. Looks like tons of fun. Sometime I really need to make it to a game. :)
Post a Comment