Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Immunizations

Tomorrow at 11:00 am I will be receiving my first series of immunizations. The stem cell transplant that I had wiped out all of my childhood immunizations. Tomorrow I receive 5, then 5 more in 2 months and then 7 in 10 months after that.

Tomorrow I'll receive:
Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis
Hepatitis-B
Hemophilus influenza
Inactivated Polio vaccine
Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine

I have to say that I'm more nervous about these shots than I am about having bone marrow biopsies! I've even asked Larry to go along with me, heehee. They say that I have to stay in the Dr. office for at least 30 minutes after the shots to see if I have any reactions..... will they put all the shots in my arms? my hip? will they combine some of the shots?? Ohhhh the unknown is scary! ahhahaha

So I'll let you know how it goes.
Love, flojo

No comments: