I don't have any lab results to share because I have not gone in for any. My next appointment is on January 5th so I'll share them then. I caught a cold on December 8th and I'm just now feeling back to normal. Boy, did that put a crimp in the holiday hustle and bustle. I'm still trying to get a few presents delivered since I couldn't get things done before Christmas.
Wow, did I enjoy the snow! I had to stay indoors through all of it, but it was really nice to just stare out the windows... which reminds me of a quote I came across years ago that has stuck with me....
What is life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare...
Wow, the power of Google! I just typed in that line and it took me right to who wrote it. I never knew, it turns out to be the first two lines of a poem by Wm. Henry Davies (1871-1940).
When Casey was in the band Kustem, their drummer was Josh. After Kustem disbanded, Josh went on to be in a band called Falling Up. Falling Up has worldwide fans and recognition and they have been on tour for 6 years! A few weeks ago I was driving home and I saw Josh walking down Queen Street, I have not seen him in at least 6 years but I recognized him. I stopped to say hi, (actually, I was a little star struck and asked him what in the heck was he doing walking the streets of Albany???) and we decided to meet at Starbucks after I took my groceries home. I met him at SB's and we talked for over an hour. He is the greatest kid (well, he's not a kid but will always be to me). His band isn't touring right now and he's actually started a new band in the mean time. He's learned A LOT in the last 6 years about being in a band and he shared a lot of things with me that were so interesting. Here is a photo of Josh and I.
I think I've told you that every February 14th I plant Sweet pea seeds in honor of Casey. Here are my Sweet peas from this summer! On November 28th they looked like this....
They never bloomed again past early summer, so there are no seeds pods to replant themselves, so we'll see if they come up again next Spring.
Here is a photo of them on December 15.
I kept busy this season baking some cookies and putting up a few decorations....
These are an Italian cookie called pizzelle. They are made with a pizzelle iron (like a waffle iron).
We had snowballs and snowflakes indoors...
I made a photo album of historic photos from the Albany Fire Department Museum and it was auctioned off at the Fire Department Christmas dinner. Here are photos of just 6 of the 32 pages that were in the album. The original photos are in our museum and I took digital photos of them and had them reprinted to go in the album. I had only made one album, but by the end of the night I had orders for 5 more! This one sold for $750.00!!! I could not believe it. That amount was donated to the Museum. I never guessed that it would go for so much. I'm proud that it turned out so well and that so many people enjoyed it. History is so important. If you double click on these photos you can see them up close....
Well, Larry's home so I've got to go! I've got more to post later....
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Love, Flojo

2 comments:
Florence
What did you think of Oregons game against Oklahoma State? A little slow starting, but in the second half they took off. The PAC - 10 has gone 5 - 0 in bowl games the best in the nation. Sorry to hear about the cold, I hope all goes well in 2009. See you soon.
Darrel
Darrel,
At first I thought it was funny that we were playing a team with colors of Black and Orange! So I hoped the Ducks would just think of them as the Beavers during the last Civil War game (and we know what happened at that game!)
Hooray for the Pac 10 this year! Today is the BCS Championship game, I have a friend in Oklahoma that is a Sooner fan so I'll be cheering for the Sooners against Florida, she cheered for the Ducks when they played Oklahoma State! ahhaha
Thanks Darrel!
Florence
Post a Comment