"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' " Eleanor Roosevelt
One year ago today, I had a stem cell transplant. In a way it's hard to believe that one year has past, but it also seems like it was such a long time ago....
After my transplant I was told that today would be my new birthday. October 26th, but I don't feel like it is? Where's the cake?? :-)
One year has passed and I still have some numbness in my feet and toes, a little short term memory loss (but that could just be my age!), and the only pills I take are Potassium. Oh, and my hair is still short and thin in spots. My fatigue is waining, I don't have to take naps during the day and most days Larry comes home to a dinner that's already started! Whoo hooo....
This next month I'll have to make appointments to have all the childhood vaccines again, yikes. I have an appointment in Portland the second week in November and it will have been 6 months since my last appointment up at OHSU. I'm looking forward to seeing my Doctor, I bet he hasn't been given a bad time in awhile, I bet he misses me embarrassing him. ;-)
Larry and I are looking forward to the annual Fire Department pumpkin carving party today. We didn't get to attend last years party. Here are some photos from 2 years ago.
I'm bringing hot Caramel apple cider and cupcakes. YUM It starts at 3:00 pm. I've got to sign off now, I need to make frosting for my cupcakes and sprinkle them with 'eye of newt'!
I think that the quote below also fits in my life:
"One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else." Eleanor Roosevelt
HA! And that's what drives Larry crazy.... I'm always on to something new! ahhahahha He never knows just what I've been up to when he gets home from work, he just can't keep up with me...
Love,
Flojo

2 comments:
I'll eat the witch and bat right now. What great creative cup cakes
they are and did you make and decorate them all? What a great job Florence.
Hugs & Love to you both.
Love
Myra
miss you flojo, wonderful to hear about you making tasty cupcakes:)
Post a Comment